1. Are you located in Princeton, New Jersey?
We’re located in Manhattan’s East Village at 37 East 7th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenue, down the street from Cooper Union and McSorley’s, the street’s two most famous landmarks.
2. Are you affiliated with Princeton University or Princeton University Press?
We’re not affiliated with either.
3. Why is Princeton in your company name?
Princeton Architectural Press was founded in 1981 by publisher Kevin Lippert, while still a student at the Princeton University School of Architecture. At the time, Lippert and his classmates were encouraged to seek inspiration from the great drawing books of the French Beaux-Arts period. Finding these library books too large to photocopy and usually out on loan, Lippert decided to make his own reduced-format edition of one of them. After finding a printer in the local yellow pages, he printed and sold 1000 copies of Paul Letarouilly’s Edifices de Rome Moderne, a book still in print today. Lippert graduated in 1983 and moved the company to its current East Village location in 1985.
4. What kind of books do you publish?
We are an architecture, art, design, and illustrated trade publisher with a broad, inclusive, and highly idiosyncratic vision. We excel at publishing books and products that defy easy categorization. Our eclectic list—from architectural monographs and graphic design briefs to books of maps as art and stationery sets—might best be described as visual culture.
5. Where can I buy your books?
Our books can be found worldwide in bricks-and-mortar and online bookstores of all sizes. They are also available directly on our website.
6. What is your best-selling book?
Our best-selling book to date is Thinking With Type by Ellen Lupton. We have sold more than 180,000 copies since publication in 2004.
8. How do I order your books to sell in my store?
Please contact our sales department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (212) 995 9620.
9. Are any of your books available in electronic formats?
Yes. A list of our electronic editions is available on our website.
10. How can I submit a book proposal or manuscript?
Please see this PDF of our complete submission guidelines.
11. I’m a journalist and I want to review one of your books. How can I get a review copy?
Click to request a review copy.
12. I’m a professor and I want to use one of your books in my class. How can I get an approval copy?
Click to request a textbook review copy.
13. How can I get permission to reprint an excerpt from one of your books?
Please contact email@example.com.
14. How can I contact one of your authors?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Do you have any job openings?
Click for information about employment opportunities and internships.